• The Curated Fridge - Winter 2023 Call
• Deadline: January 7th, 2023
• Prize: Publication
• Theme: Rebirth
• Entry Fees: Free
• REGISTRATION: CLOSED, Click HERE For More Opportunities
The curator for the Winter 2023 Show is Dr. Brian Piper, Assistant Curator of Photographs at the New Orleans Museum of Art, where he previously served as a Mellon Foundation Fellow.
He earned a BA in African American Studies from the University of Virginia and holds a PhD in American Studies from the College of William and Mary, completed with research support from the Smithsonian Institution and Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture. At NOMA his curatorial credits include You Are Here: A Brief History of Photography and Place, New Photography: Create Collect Compile, Lee Friedlander in Louisiana, and Ishimoto Yasuhiro: Centennial Selections. His two most recent projects, Picture Man: Portraits by Polo Silk and Called to the Camera: Black American Studio Photographers, are on view at NOMA until January 8, 2023.
Deadline: January, 7, 2023 (postmarked mail)
Fees: Free, as it has always been.
This call for entries for The Curated Fridge seeks lens-based works confronting themes of rebirth, renewal, or change. On the edge of a new year what will we carry forward, or what will be left behind? Works exploring the passage of time, either topically, formally, or materially are also encouraged.
* Open to all photographers world wide, both amateur and professional.
* Accepted images will be posted on The Curated Fridge website and social media.
* You can submit up to 5 images.
* For consideration in this call, all participants must mail printed photographs in addition to their emailed submissions.
* Printing size no bigger than 4x6" or 5x5"
* Please sign your name on the back, and write "for TCF*
Mail your prints to:
The Curated Fridge
281 Medford Street
Somerville, MA 02143
Email the jpgs of the submitted files to: thecuratedfridge_at_gmail_dot_com
* Image specifications: 1280 on the longest side, 72 ppi, sRGB, .jpg
* Name your .jpgs like this: Mary_Jones_1, Mary_Jones_2 etc...
* Please, do not send .zip files
* Finally include your name, email, website and instagram handle following the example below (makes it so much easier when processing your submission)
Mary Jones email@example.com www.maryjones.com @maryjones
Again, you have to email your jpegs, print your photographs, and also mail them to The Curated Fridge. Do not wait until last minute to submit, since it might take some time for your envelope to arrive. Alternatively, if you think you won't have enough time to print or printing is not your strongest suit, consider using an online printing company like Shutterfly etc. and sending the prints directly to The Curated Fridge.
Please note that only complete submissions will be considered, so take your time and send over your materials as requested.
Finally, if your prints are selected by the curator, they will be archived. All the prints that are not selected will be destroyed, unless you have provided a self-addressed stamped envelope.