• CENTER Advancing The Photographic Arts •
• Deadline: January 27th, 2022 •
• Prize: $5000 Project Grant + Exhibition •
• Theme: Open •
• Entry Fees: Yes •
• REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE TO APPLY •
CENTER – it is a noun and a verb. It is an action and a destination.
Founded in 1994, the not-for-profit organization CENTER supports socially and environmentally engaged lens-based projects through education, public platforms, funding, and partnerships.
Through our advancement of artists and their work, CENTER serves to deepen public understandings of lens-based media’s complex history and ongoing cultural significance. Image-making holds a unique power to confront audiences with uncomfortable truths, advance cultural understandings, and promote social justice. By establishing trans-disciplinary partnerships between artists and justice-driven communities, historians, cultural critics, students, and the art world, we honor our unique role in advancing projects that respect all people, open minds, and engage our shared humanity.
Characterized by a community of gifted and committed photographers, CENTER has proven for the last 25 years that it can help photographers and lens-based artists grow into their full potential. By providing platforms where the creative impulse can be engaged and challenged, CENTER programs foster insights and actualizations that ripple and impact all involved.
CENTER’s annual programs, Awards and Grants include the Project Launch Grant, Project Development Grant, the three CENTER Awards: Personal, Social and Environmental, the Excellence in Multimedia Storytelling Award, Santa Fe Prize, Callanan Excellence in Teaching Award, and the Review Santa Fe Photo Symposium and Portfolio Reviews. Public exhibitions, educational presentations and expositions of the work are held in conjunction with the Awards, Launch Grant and portfolio reviews. CENTER Awards, Grants, Review Santa Fe, and ALL other programs are open for submission to international and national photographers and lens-based artists during our annual Calls for Entry.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
– Founded in 1994, the not-for-profit organization CENTER, supports socially and environmentally engaged lens-based projects through education, public platforms, funding, and partnerships. Each year, our supporters and alumni make CENTER’s grants, awards, programs, and exhibitions possible each year. Through these programs, CENTER can fund breakthrough work, offer professional development assistance, and give projects the increased exposure they deserve. Below are the details and submission guidelines for each available Project Grant, Award, and Review Santa Fe entry opportunity. Offering an early-bird discount on entry fees through January 27, 2022, of $25 for CENTER Members and a $35 General entry. Not a Member? Join the Members Circle. General Eligibility: All of CENTER’s Call for Entries opportunities accept submissions from national and international photographers and lens-based artists. Work can have been made at any time and work that has been previously submitted may be re-submitted as we invite new jurors each year. Work derived from all photographic processes is accepted, as well as mixed media that is photo-based. The Multimedia Award and Review Santa Fe applications accept video, multimedia files, and/or still images for submission.